Helping out a fellow artist today

Today I had a new friend come over and I helped him with a new website he wanted to build. Brett and I met a about two months ago at a Second Saturday Reception at Crestmont Gallery, where we both have our pieces on display. He was there with his partner, Michael. I knew instantly that I liked the pair of them. In talking Brett told me that he is an art teacher but a few years ago started doing pottery and was interested in doing some shows in the area. I told him that I have been doing shows for the past 7 years or so and I would help him out. Also that I could help him get a website started. He told me that him and Michael would take me out to dinner as payment for helping him.

He brought over pictures of his work on discs so we got started. Instead of using the program I use to build websites that he would have to learn how to use, I got online and looked at a site that I knew a few friends who knew nothing about building websites got theirs started with. We put in all of his info, picked a domain name and started building. I think it turned out pretty good for taking about two hours to do.
Brett Ceramics
Hopefully it's easy enough for him to update it himself in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Funkshonal Art © 2008. Design by Pocket