Cabinet Project

We have this huge wall in our living room and wanted cabinets to go there on either side of our TV and fireplace but couldn't find them. Up until a few months ago. Found them (unfinished, ugh....another painting project for the house...) so this is one of my newest house projects.
I finished the painting of them inside and out and now have to paint the wall, put the new register cover on (still waiting for in to come in the mail), paint the trim and then finally attach both to the wall.

This is not the kind of painting I like doing but it's necessary. I know they're going to look great once it's all done and I start putting all the books and chachki's on them. But for months I have been yelling at my son to not touch them.



Since they aren't attached to the wall yet and still on furring strips to protect the bottom legs they are very wobbly. And they are about 94" tall so this just might kill my son if it falls on him.

Then, when all that other stuff is done I have to drill holes in the wall behind the TV and behind the cabinet and run cables to the basement and then back up in order to hook up the verizon box without seeing any cables. My husband just doesn't know how money we save by me doing all this crap myself. But that's ok because I think when they're all done I go get myself something special.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Funkshonal Art © 2008. Design by Pocket