Going into a gallery

I met with a man on Tuesday night who owns a gallery about 5 blocks from my house. I emailed him and asked if we could meet and I can show him my portfolio. He said to come in that night. So we had a 2.5 hour meeting. Nice guy...has no art background but retired and wanted to do something interesting. Have to hand it to him for getting involved with something so out of his comfort zone.
So, in talking, he told me he really needs someone to give him some advice on art. He knows business and he's got lots of marketing ideas but doesn't know art. So I told him if he put some of my pieces in I would help him any way that I could with whatever time I had. He told me he's taking out some pieces of a guy's work who has high prices due to the fact that he doesn't really care if he sells anything. I said, "but YOU do so why keep his stuff in here?". He'll then move some of my work in. Hopefully in the next week or two.
This is truly a huge step for me. I've wanted this for the past few months (years, actually but wasn't doing anything about it prior to getting back into canvas painting). I know it's not a long period of time to wait to get into a gallery but I have no patience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Funkshonal Art © 2008. Design by Pocket