New painting and COASTERS!! yay!

This is a new piece called Grandma's Vase. It's acrylic on canvas and comes framed. It is 16" x 20" and is $125.
I started making my coasters today with my paintings on them and what a project it has been! I first had to figure out how to print onto tissue paper (or tracing paper). I find that with these kinds of goofy things I usually have luck with youtube. So I watched a video on how to print on tissue paper, tried it myself and failed. Doh! Had like 4 paper jams before quitting. So I had to sort of just figure it out. Success! Finally! So then I took the printed tracing paper and sprayed adhesive on the back and then mixed some liquid resin and poured it over them. Just waiting for them all to dry now. They look really nice. I already got an order for 3 sets (of 4 coasters) from a neighbor who came by to see what I was doing. Yay!

So I was trying to get these done in time for my 2nd Saturday showing in Collingswood tonight but the ones I did yesterday didn't exactly work out so had to make more today. Well, they turned out great except the resin basically glued them to the plywood I was using under them to sit them on. So today I rested each one on a can of veggies. We have lots of cans of veggies! I ended up making a total of 22 of them. And 1/2 were sold before they were done so I'll be making more this week.

If you would like to order a set they are $20 (set of 4). You can have a mixture of different ones or 4 of the same. I have them categorized by subject; Food, Wine & Travel, Botanical, Americana, and Fun Colors. Please email me if you'd like to see specific pictures in each group. Tracie@funkshonalArt.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Funkshonal Art © 2008. Design by Pocket